- Wave Your Paw Pet Care accepts cash, check, and credit card. Payment is due in full within two weeks of visit completion or by the 14th of the month following regular dog walking services.
- All clients are required to have a credit card listed in their account information in the client portal before services begin. If payment is not made by the due date, this card will be charged. You may also have us automatically charge your card at the end of your visits. You are welcome to pay by cash, check, or credit card before the due date.
Inclement Weather Policy:
- Wave Your Paw team members are happy to walk your dog rain or shine. In the event of lightning/thunder, hail, ice storms, extreme temperatures, or any other potentially dangerous weather situations, your dog will be taken out for a potty break and the remainder of the visit will be spent indoors. This is for your pets safety as well as our safety.
- You have the option to
shorten or cancel any regular dog walking visit due to weather at no charge if you let us know before we arrive that day.
- For the safety of all pets and staff, anytime the temperature or wind chill is 15 degrees or below we will only offer potty breaks and indoor playtime. We also evaluate the amount of time spent outside based on the individual dogs. Some dogs are too cold at a temperature warmer than 15 degrees. Even with coats and booties, we don’t want any frostbite on the ears, nose, or toes!
- If you have any type of visit scheduled within a specific window of time, please be aware that we may be late if the roads are bad. We always plan ahead but if we have multiple visits back to back and there has been a heavy snow, we may be later than expected. We always prioritize pets on medications and dogs who need to get outside first. Unfortunately, we can’t control traffic!
- If you are heading out of town during the winter months, please make sure you have snow removal arrangements made. Due to insurance and time constraints, we will not be able to shovel driveways and sidewalks.
- In the summer months, we may shorten walks if there is a heat advisory or warning, or if the sidewalks are too hot for your dog to safely walk on and there is no grass available.
- Wave Your Paw requires at least 2 methods of access to your home. This can be 2 sets of keys,a garage code, an electronic lock code, a building manager/concierge with access, or any combination of the above.This is for your pets protection in the event a lock breaks, a key breaks, a lock becomes frozen, the power goes out to the garage door, etc. If you only have 1 key, Wave Your Paw is happy to make a copy at no charge. If we cannot access your home to care for your pets and we cannot reach you in a timely manner, Wave Your Paw Pet Care will hire a locksmith to gain entry.
Scheduling and Visit Policies:
- Wave Your Paw only accepts scheduling requests via email, text, or through the client portal. This is so we have a written record of the request to verify all dates and details.
- For clients with weekly visits that change each week, we will need your schedule by 5 pm on Saturdays to avoid any last minute booking charges. This gives us time to finalize our schedules for the following week.
- Any visits cancelled or scheduled with less than 48 hours notice may be charged a cancellation or last minute booking fee. We charge these fees to help cover any scheduling changes we need to make or any keys we need to exchange and the sitter who completes your visits will be given that fee.
- We require at least 1 visit per day for cats and small pets and the equivalent of 2 standard visits per day for dogs to make sure each pet is healthy, safe, and cared for, and that your house is secure.
- Wave Your Paw cannot share pet care duties with another party hired by you while you are out of town (a relative, neighbor, friend, roommate). Our insurance will not cover us in these situations because there is too high of a risk of miscommunication and pets can be overfed, underfed, elimination changes can be missed, medications can be given incorrectly, behavior changes may not be noticed, etc.
Pet Behavior Policy:
- The staff at Wave Your Paw has many years of experience working with pets and have worked with many different behavior issues. We are not trainers or behaviorists but we are willing to follow your instructions regarding any special issues your pet might have.
- If your pet shows aggression to our staff at our meet and greet or during our visits, we will need to discuss whether or not we can safely care for your pet. We will not care for pets that are so aggressive that we cannot feed/water/allow them outside without putting our staff at risk. This policy is in effect for all species that we care for (dogs, cats, birds, reptiles, small pets, and chickens).
- We are willing and able to walk strong, excited, and reactive dogs on leash in most circumstances. If we find that your dog pulls so hard or gets so excited that they could slip off leash, pull us over, or in any other way hurt themselves or us we will recommend using a no pull device such as a Gentle Leader, training, and possibly yard playtime instead of walks until their behavior improves.
Please let us know if you have questions about any of our policies!